3.21.2011

sunshine state

I'm down in Florida and it is fantastic. I don't want to leave. I wish I could retire already. This is the life for me, except for everyone around me being old... they all talk about their health and whats going on with all the people who are slowly dieing around them. It's quite sad. But as grandmama always informs me, its life, you get old and you die. and thats what happens when you have friends who are old, your friends die.
Sorry, something more cheerful... Their house is awesome. It looks like there is a pool in the living room, kinda.

the sun is constantly bright and shining. I can sit all day and read my book or watch NCIS which seems to always be on here. and if i get hot, i just jumpin the pool for a second. ok, more than a second. being underwater is one of my favorite things. i like to sink down and just sit on the bottom of the pool and watch the water, and how the sunlight dances around through the water. it fascinates me. i wish i didn't have to interrupt it by breathing so often.

I don't swim all that well. mom made us be on the swim team in elementary school for at least one summer. i dreaded it. i do not have technique. i can't seem to breathe while doing freestyle without getting my mouth filled with water. breaststroke was more fun, being underwater and all, but i seemed to always get disqualified... poor form or something. we always called mk the dolphin swimmer. she swims like a dolphin, just glides through the water like them. its the best way to swim, hands down.

I don't want to go home tomorrow. I'm not ready. i want to relax more. i told myself that i'd analyze my mission when i was down here, but instead i just want to escape into the beauty of being here.
This is the life.

1 comment:

Karen Hanneman said...

Glad you had fun. How thoughtful your are. We love you!
Aunt Karen