1.25.2012



Snowboarding is one of my favorite things.
I reach a state of FLOW when snowboarding.
Factors that must exist to determine flow include: distorted sense of time, complete concentration, a loss of self-consciousness, direct feedback, balance of ability and challenge, personal control, intrinsically rewarding, lack of awareness of bodily needs, absorption into activity, clear goals.

It amazes me each time I go out again just how much it effects me. [And i get to go at least weekly, if not more if I get the chance thanks to my season pass!] I love and need it. All my worries and stresses and problems just cease for the time I'm gone. I don't even have to consciously push them to the back of my mind, they just go there.

2 comments:

Karen Hanneman said...

I always wondered what people saw in snowboarding and now I know.
Can't wait to see you again.
Love
Aunt Karen

Karen Hanneman said...

I always wondered what people saw in snowboarding and now I know.
Can't wait to see you again.
Love
Aunt Karen